Far North Queensland Region: Cairns Group
Current subscribers would be aware of the fantastic offer which
continues to be available for new subscribers to the association -
a free copy of the book 'Breastfeeding...naturally'.
YOU NAME IT FUNDRAISING
The FNQ Region of the Australian Breastfeeding Association is running an on-going fundraising event with You Name It Labels. All you do is log on to the You Name It Labels website and place your order, quoting our code abafnq0903 (all small letters, no spaces) when the fundraising code is asked for. When you order on-line you receive a 5% discount off normal prices and we receive a rebate for each order. There is no time limit for this fundraiser it is an ongoing arrangement.
Australian Breastfeeding Association
The Australian Breastfeeding Association started in 1964 as the Nursing Mothers’ Association of Australia. We are an Australia-wide volunteer non-profit group. Our vision is for Australia to achieve the World Health Organization’s recommendation that babies are exclusively breastfed until 6 months of age, with continued breastfeeding following the introduction of other foods until 2 years of age.
“As Australia’s leading source of breastfeeding information and support we assist mothers to achieve this vision. We acknowledge that each baby and mother pair is unique. By using a combination of up-to-date research and the collective practical breastfeeding experiences of many women, we provide guidance to enable informed breastfeeding decisions.”
Invitation to All Mums
The Australian Breastfeeding Association extends an invitation to you to join our Group Meetings. You will find that an ABA meeting is a place for:
- Smiling faces and fun
- Meeting others just like you
- Learning about breastfeeding and mothering and the range of what is normal
- Encouragement to reach your breastfeeding goals
- Great ideas from new and experienced mothers
- Finding support and understanding of the situations you face every day
- Sharing precious moments about your baby and your older children
- Willing hands to hold your baby
- Sharing your knowledge and experience and learning from others
- Making friends, big and small